Singapore Captain is a regular visitor of this blog and has left his comment (below) regarding this post.
Singapore Captain said...
Who says I am not coming. Yes BT is right, captain has the ultimate authority to offload any passengers or even crew including his co pilot if anyone threatens the safe operation of the flight. in the company we are just one of the many employees but in the flight where we are the commander, we are the highest authority regarding the safe operation of the flight and any person onboard who poses a risk to safe flight operation can be removed even if the plane had already taken off.
Worse is being offloaded mid flight, the airline will bill the cost of landing to the pax. BT have you seen cabin crew being offloaded?
Read more from Singapore Captain.
Sixteen reasons why airplanes are easier to live with than women:
1) Airplanes usually kill you quickly - a woman takes her time.
2) Airplanes can be turned on by a flick of a switch.
3) Airplanes don't get mad if you do a "touch and go."
4) Airplanes don't object to a preflight inspection.
5) Airplanes come with manuals to explain their operation.
6) Airplanes have strict weight and balance limitations.
7) Airplanes can be flown any time of the month.
8) Airplanes don't come with in-laws.
9) Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you've flown before.
10) Airplanes and pilots both arrive at the same time.
11) Airplanes don't mind if you look at other airplanes.
12) Airplanes don't mind if you buy airplane magazines.
13) Airplanes expect to be tied down.
14) Airplanes don't comment on your piloting skills.
15) Airplanes don't whine unless something is really wrong.
16) However, when airplanes go quiet, just like women,it's usually not good.