1) Junior eat the last (Not always true but being the most junior one may offer to eat after her colleagues have eaten. In most cases, the senior crew would let/insist the juniors eat first after the services to paxs are over)
2) Junior got to call everyone for breakfast /dinner/ for bonding session ( this was practised during my times and have since stopped many years ago)
3) Junior got to keep checking the toilet.( Again this is untrue. Each stewardess is in charged of the toilets in her area of work).
4) Junior got to answer basically all the call lights.(False because each stewardess will be responsible for the calls in her zone).
5) Junior cannot eat unless senior has eaten.( Answer same as pt 1 above)
6) Junior got to listen to everyone instructions .( Stewardesses take instructions from her complex leaders regarding her work)
7) Junior got to be the first to check out the hotel and wait the lobby for everyone.( Not true even during my time)
8) Junior will always be out in the cabin ( It is preferred that all stewardesses be out in the cabin even during off-meal hour to look into/anticipate paxs' needs and comfort rather than staying in the galleys and chit chat)
9) Junior cannot sit in the galley unless given permission (In the first place no crew is supposed to rest/sit in the galley as they are supposed to be in the cabin. On long flights, crew are allowed to rest in the bunks for 3 hours)
10) Junior got to collect tips for the luggage from every crew including the tech crew." ( This was a practise in the early days but not now. However, any crew may volunteer to collect tips for the coach drivers and hotel porters)
The above was written by supposedly ex SIA stewardess in her blog (I won't give anyone the link). One of the cabin crew wannabes came across her blog and was terrified of the things written in the blog. She asked me whether they were true. I reassured the wannabe that all those things written by the blogger were not true or not practised anymore.
Do you know that these days the seniors are more afraid of the juniors because they dare to complain to the bosses in the office about their seniors? Don't believe me then ask the seniors.
BT: My replies are in red.