Saturday, November 22, 2014

Stewardess Ronda's story continues

It must have been 16 years since I last saw Ronda. Recently, I bumped into her in the busy area of Orchard Road. She was alone. At first, I could not recognised her. Ronda was completely out of my mind because 16 years is a long time. She has put on weight but still look the same as when she was flying with SQ. Still gorgeous and sexy!

We  went to the nearest cafe which was ToastBox 313@Somerset to have a drink and a chat.
I could see the excitement in Ronda's eyes. She can't wait to tell me about herself or was it about Eddy?
I ordered 2 cups of coffee, one for Ronda and the other for myself. The place was not crowded and so we could chat freely.

Ronda had closed her shop selling branded stuff in Kuala Lumpur a few years after it started. Business was bad and Ronda could not continue with the losses. She told me it was Eddy who had financed her business at the beginning but decided to stop helping her into the second year of the losses. She lamented the breakup with Eddy. "No love lost actually as he lied to me that he was not married"....Ronda confessed. " I loved him at first thinking he was single but he lied to me," she told me with a tinge of sadness in her big brown eyes.

It was almost evening when we had finished chatting. In fact, the whole session was a listening session. I listened most of the time while Ronda did the talking. 
Ronda and I went to have something to eat. She loved steak and I took her to a steak house nearby. After dinner, Ronda suggested having a drink in a PUB. I obliged but only one Bloody Mary that's all I told her. 

By the time we left the PUB, Ronda was almost intoxicated. She talked even more about her love life. She is still "unattached" because she has not found her "Mr Right" she lamented. She realised she was getting older but she rather wait for her Prince Charming than to rush into a relationship.

She invited me to her hotel which was near Orchard Road. At first I declined but sensing she was a bit drunk I decided to walked her back to her hotel room. It was a 10 minute walk.
When we arrived at her hotel room, I opened the door for her. This was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever been in for a long time.
I stayed in the room for a while as Ronda continue to drink from her minibar. After an hour or so, she was so drunk she fell asleep on the couch. That was when I decided to leave the room.

Next morning, I called Ronda to find out how was she getting on. She told me she was feeling "great" after talking to me. She needed someone to listen to her story. 
Well, I was in a way, happy that I could help someone who needed a listening ear.
A day latter, Ronda flew back to KL.

No comments: